News & Updates
Update Release v1.2.0June 16, 2019
The v1.2.0 update provides these new features to d2eskirmish.com:
- Two new missions are added to the mission selector tool and mission guide.
The v1.2.0 update also provides the following bug fixes and enhancements:
- The FAQ page has been updated to reflect answers to some commonly posed questions.
- Time stamps are added to banned cards in the search tool, denoting when the rules determination was made.
- Some basic search guidance has been added to the search tool to enhance the user experience.
Update Release v1.1.0June 2, 2019
The v1.1.0 update provides these new features to d2eskirmish.com:
- A banned card list in document format has been added to the Official Rules page to make the identification of banned cards quicker and easier.
- An Excel spreadsheet version of all factions, including their unit costs and associated images, has been added to the Official Rules page to allow for offline force building. (This document is provided courtesy of any2cards.)
The v1.1.0 update also provides the following bug fixes and enhancements in the Force Builder and Card Search tools:
- Image popovers for hero cards have now been increased on medium screens and larger, making the text more readable in those circumstances.
- The Bloodrush and Charge abilities on the Ynfernael Hulk now provide popover ability text.
- The Phoenix Pendant item now displays a deployment cost of “1”.
- The Armor of Darkness plot card was not displaying its associated information. It now displays all its associated information.
- The I am the Law class card was appearing as “ am the Law” in some circumstance. It now reads “I am the Law” in all circumstances.
The v1.1.0 update also fixes the following bugs in the Force Builder tool:
- Information icons (located in the force counter) that contained no additional information have been removed from the force builder tool.
Patch Release v1.0.1May 21, 2019
The v1.0.1 patch fixes the following bugs in the Force Builder Tool:
- The Bounty Hunter, Treasure Hunter, and Shadow Walker bug that prevented class cards from being attached to selected heroes in the corresponding archetype has been fixed.
Announcement: d2eskirmish Official Release v1.0May 10, 2019
The first version of Descent: Skirmish in the Dark is now available via d2eskirmish.com. This new fan variant of Descent: Journeys in the Dark showcases the following features:
- A full fledged point system that incorporates all the figures and cards from Descent: Journeys in the Dark
- Newly defined factions inspired by the geography and lore from Realms of Terrinoth - built on the Genesys role playing system
- New skirmish missions inspired by those designed for Star Wars: Imperial Assault
- Game mechanics and features that maintain the standard gameplay of Descent: Journeys in the Dark, but that also carefully intergrate the best enhancements of Star Wars: Imperial Assault
Additionally, Descent: Skirmish in the Dark provides players with the tools needed to rapidly create a 40 point force, thus allowing everyone to hit the tabletop expeditiously. These tools include:
- A Force Builder Tool for building a 40 point force
- A Mission Selection Tool to assist in the seleection of a skirmish mission
- A card searching tool to quickly look up special rulings on cards
- A skirmish rules guide to help you and a friend get started today
Stay tuned for more updates and releases on d2eskirmish.com.